Even with tough competition from Shopify, 3DCart, Big Commerce and other e-commerce development platforms, Magento confers the top-most position for developing online business. Magento currently holds a market share of 26% which clearly signifies its domination in the field of e-commerce development. Not only large enterprise owners but also newbie entrepreneurs use this feature-rich platform to get tailored online shopping stores.
1. Open source: Being an open-source platform, Magento is readily available and hence, it is widely used by developers across the world to build commercial websites with assorted functions. Almost 80% of all online businesses have Magento based websites bestowing consistent growth visibility. There is no significant cost to use this CMS, which has led to a significant rise in the usage of this platform in the recent years.
2. Flexible: Professional developers boast the flexible framework of Magento which allows them to inculcate new and advanced methodologies. This highly flexible framework integrates the hassle-free customization of shopping carts, products, and more.
3. SEO optimized: Unlike other e-commerce solutions, Magento comprises in-built SEO features that optimize search engine results ranking of websites .
4. Responsive: Magento-built websites are highly compatible to the multiple devices with varying screen sizes. These online shopping stores can be accessed on mobile devices, thus drawing more prospective customers to the e-portal.
5. Multiple storefronts with single back-end: This feature allows developers to add several shopping stores to the website, including thousands of products and catalogs to provide a uniform shopping experience to all customers; they can easily navigate to the desired category of products.
6. Cross-browser compatibility: The websites enabled with cross-browser compatibility are highly accessible on different browsers, thus preventing any limitation on its usage. This also enhances the ranking of websites on various search engines.
7. Integrated Payment-options: Multiple payment methods to facilitate the ease of shopping experience of customers across the globe. The involvement of functional third-party payment gateways such as PayPal, E-bay, Quickbooks, etc. allow customers with different payment options to make the payment conveniently while shopping.
8. Multilingual & Multi-currency: Magento-based eCommerce websites support cross-border language and varied payment methods.
9. Secured authorization: The core components of Magento-based websites are highly secured and safe, avoiding any data infringement from external sources.
10. Return Material Authorization Policy: The RMA policy is introduced to bring in more customers to the website by engaging them into the return material policy.
11. Seamless Checkout Option: This option allows the customers to avail a single checkout option for all the products instead of opting for checkout options for each specific one. This leads to a lesser number of vacant shopping carts during checkout.
12. Review and Feedback: The feedback service ensures seamless communication between buyers, merchandisers and owners.
13. Organized and spacious: It is estimated that a Magento based E-commerce website can place up to 500,000 products easily and can also work on 80,000 above orders in an hour. This clearly shows the gigantic structure of this platform, which can easily place tons of products on a single website without compromising performance and speed.
14. E-commerce specific: Last but not least, there is no alternative to Magento for delivering tailored shopping websites. Getting a customized shopping cart with augmented themes and background is made easier with Magento.